Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.

I have an RX-A550 receiver hooked up to my sound system and

Customer Question

I have an RX-A550 receiver hooked up to my sound system and receiver is on tuner,but no sound?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Do other sources connected to the receiver work (CD, DVD, etc.)? In other words is the only source not producing sound the Tuner? Additionally, was the tuner working before and then stopped? Please elaborate and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Or is this the first time setting up or using the receiver? Please send a reply so I know you are with me here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have purchased this Yamaha receiver just hours ago at Best Buy.I will try a DVD movie
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have a schematic for my RX-A550?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. A schematic is for repairs- so we don't need that. If you're asking if I know how the receiver works- then yes. You're going to need to tell me what you have connected to the receiver. For example: You need an Antenna connected to the FM antenna port on the rear of the receiver to get any reception. Next you need a set of standard passive (one black and one red wires) connected to the Main Left and Right speaker output jacks. Let me know what you've done so far and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
So for the Tuner- the FM antenna and then Front Left and Right speaker jacks must be connected to. Are you able to tune a station? Or if not- what happens? Additionally for the DVD, I will need to know what port on the receiver you've got the DVD connected to (there are several ways to connect a DVD player to the unit).
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
The manual is below if you're looking for that: If there's anything specific you need help with, then postback with the Brand and Model of each device you're trying to connect to the Yamaha and I can tell you how to connect them.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work. I will be back to check on this question tomorrow morning- after midnight here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have an antennae connected,the speaker wires are connected.The input language is completely foreign to me..I would like to cancel any further financial subscription with your organization as you are unable to view a schematic relating to my receiver and provide a step by step asist.thanx albert loreto
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hey Albert good morning, I can get a schematic for your unit. Can you let me knwo how much electronic experience you have so maybe we can work together on this?Thanks Tech Michael