Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Got a TS-50S, wont tune via the knob any more. Will change

Customer Question

Got a TS-50S, wont tune via the knob any more. Will change freq with band switch. Good gear, have two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If it were really old, there might be an arrangement of strings or plastic wires from the spindle on the knob to various parts. And if one of those strings or plastic wires broke, it would be quite hard to figure out just how to re-string the arrangement.If it is more modern, you have the tuning knob attached to a potentiometer. They don't usually fail, but circuitry dependent upon them could, or even the connections to them, the solder joints that is and so forth.What further advice do you need? I'm feel fairly sure you'll find something more to ask about this.