Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Oh, I'm so thrilled to see you. I unplugged my Bose Wave system

Customer Question

Oh, I'm so thrilled to see you. I unplugged my Bose Wave system due to painting.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just placed it on my dresser. Now that it is back where it was, it will only play the single cd in the top section. It will NOT play the lower 3 cds NONE. I have unplugged it several times, waited 5 -30 minutes. Still the same. Never had a problem before. HELP!!!!!!!!!
JA: Huh?
Customer: Does it make sense to you?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: Just that my set does not have the menu on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Have you tried unplugging the umbilical cable from the disc changer to the Main unit as WELL AS unplugging the system from power? If not, please disconnect it from power. Then remove the umbilical cable from the changer to the main unit. Wait 5 minutes, then reconnect the umbilical cable and plug the system back into power. Let me know what happens please.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Or did you only unplug the power cord? If only the power cord- please try those steps above exactly as outlined. However if you've already tried them exactly as outlined, then please postback with the model of the Bose and also how long you have owned it for. Additionally, was there any chance the unit was moved WITH discs in any of the slots? Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?