Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

How to connect a pioneer sr202w to sansui 3000 receiver with

Customer Question

how to connect a pioneer sr202w to sansui 3000 receiver with aux connections
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Do you know that this reverb unit is functional ?If so then you will need 2 sets of rca /phono cables , do you have that handy ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
You don`t seem to be around at this time so I will step out and check on you later .
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Saw that you came around to look at my replyI`m back if you want to proceed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is functional i have the two cables
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
O.k then i`m going to have to pull out the manuals again but just offhand like that i can tell you that you cannot use the auxialiary input for this reverb unit.Just like an equalizer it has to be inserted either into one of the "tape monitor" in/out and then the receiver set to this tape monitor and that will allow you to have whatever is playing going through the reverb unit when the tape monitor is set to on or bypass it when set to off .The other way is to insert it between the preamp and main amp section which is less handy if you want to turn it off.Take a look at the tape monitor option and i`ll be right back with some manuals
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
By the way , on that sansui , are there any letters like G before the 3000 , like G-3000 ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
The 3000 was made in the 60`s and the G-3000 in the 70`s and they are quite different
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
If you`re not around then I`m out to lunch , I`ll check on you later
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no it is just 3000 so i plug into tape monitor out into reverb and back to aux on receiver
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
If all you need is the info I`ve already given you then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
If you plug into the AUX , how are you going to select anything else ???
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
The tape monitor has ins and outs just like that reverb unit , connect the ins of one into the outs of the other and set the sansui to tape monitor , now you can select something like the radio or turntable or whatever you have connected into that sansui , you can even use the aux for a cd player for example
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Can you see at the rear of the sansui where it says "tape monitor" and beside it REC ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Actually is like this REC< TAPE > MONITORThe REC is the OUT and the MONITOR is the IN
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if i connect cd player in aux and push tape monitor the reciever will pick up the sound with the reverb sound..
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
That's correctGive me a minute for a picture
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The picture is behind that .https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y6xe617vnac29x/2016-04-21_1203.png?dl=0That is from the pioneer manual by the way
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Here are your manuals;The sansui ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yq9kmahevmd1am/sansui_3000.pdf?dl=0The pioneer ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1p8b7cvjq8eut3/sr202w.pdf?dl=0 Give them a minute to open and then use the DOWNLOAD buttonIf that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.