Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

Got my new cord radio and plugged it in and can't

Customer Question

got my new cord for bose radio and plugged it in and can't get it to play ????
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What model bose do you have?Which new cord are you referring to?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pat, thanks for the info. Did you get no results from the prior cord either, and that is why it was replaced?Any lights/display visible on the radio?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the old cord was broken everything displayed 88:88 aux fm etc
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for confirming. Are you sure the cord is seated properly? Try flipping it 180 degrees. If no change, this points to an internal hardware issue (faulty control board). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as an older model (as far back as 1994), that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising either. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed. Nathan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
backwards 68:8.85 aux fm
volume am
okay I will try that
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** know how it works out when you have a chance.Keeping unplugged longer is fine also, if you have other things to do. You may bookmark this page to get back with me at your convenience. Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Pat?