Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have your under tv sound bar. Suddenly, it won't come on

Customer Question

I have your under tv sound bar. Suddenly, it won't come on when the power button is pushed. I have reaplaced the battery because the old one cme in at 2.8 volts. So I thought that has to be the reason. It wasn't. I have checked the power cord and the wire to the TV , they are okay.
Please help me!
Wayne Hansen
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello Wayne, We don't make a Soundbar. This is Just Answer. We are technicians that sort AV problems. What is the brand and model of your soundbar? How long have you owned it for?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Please don't post duplicate questions, simply reply back here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I hhave no idea what model it is. It's a bose system, remotely controlled stereo under tv speaker system designed to replace the speakers in the TV. It is about 2 years old I think.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking this is a Bose "Solo"- since that is there under TV soundbar. Please unplug the soundbar from power for 5 minutes, and then plug it back in as a hard reboot and see if this resets it and allows it to work first. Let me know what happens please.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Are you still having the same problem?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
If the Bose powers up after that, but there's no sound, then try a reboot of your Cable/SAT box by unplugging it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Once the box reboots check for sound. However if the Bose will not power up at all, then this indicates a failure in the Bose system that requires service. . In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:BOSE:For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ETFeel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.