Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

And my challenge is I've connected my sirius tuner

Customer Question

***** ***** and my challenge is I've connected my sirius tuner to my denon tu-604CI tuner and it's not working...keeps saying check xm tuner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's an sch1 tuner from sirius and I purchased the proper cable as well the "option board" for the Dennon, yet it's still not working...the light on the sirius tuner doesn't come on, yet when I attach the tuner to my receiver downstairs it works. I'm using the Dennon tuner with an amp.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
What is the Model of your Sirius tuner?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SCH1
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. Looking that up now.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. A couple more questions: 1) Do you have the antenna connected to the tuner? 2) Which port(s) do you have the tuner connected to the Denon using please?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I will need more details. You need to have the following in place for this to work: 1) Switch set to Sirius (not XM) on the back of the Denon tuner module. 2) Multi-pin DIN cable connected from tuner to the Denon. 3) Antenna plugged into the Sirius tuner. So far I don't know how/what you have connected. Let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay...again I have a Sirius SCH1 tuner that I am trying to use with my Dennon TU-604CI tuner, that I purchased the circuit board for the back that is compatible with this tuner. I am also connecting these to my Dennon amp. The light does not come on on my Sirius tuner...it's like it's not reading the tuner. Yet when I tried the sirius tuner on a Dennon receiver (in another room) it the light does light up. I have purchased what I believe to be the appropriate cable, yet it still isn't working.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I got the model of the tuner when you posted that already. I will need more details. You need to have the following in place for this to work: 1) Switch set to Sirius (not XM) on the back of the Denon tuner module. 2) Multi-pin DIN cable connected from tuner to the Denon. 3) Antenna plugged into the Sirius tuner. So far I don't know how/what you have connected. Let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The switch is set to Sirius, not XM
I have the multi pin din cable connected
the antenna is plugged in
The power to sch1 tuner is plugged in
It is in the port that I says it is for the Sirius/XM radio.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Remove power from both the Sirius tuner and the Denon (unplug the AC cords). Remove and reconnect all cabling to the Sirius module. Plug them both back into power. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. U am doing ut
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Are you having the same problem?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need to connect the audio red and white on the Sirius to anything
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
No. You have two options to connect to the receiver/amplifier- either use the Optical (best sound) or the RCA red and white from the Tuner to the receiver. So if you have optical- then no you do not use the red and whites.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay, can you please elaborate? What exactly is everything doing?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Do you have the RS232 to DIN cable that comes with the tuner? Is that connected to both the tuner and the Denon controller? Are you using an indoor or outdoor antenna? If outdoor, are you using the splitter that comes with it? Is there also power run to the splitter? Is the light blinking on the Sirius box?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the Sirius output ( red and white) going into the axillary input on the amp. I have the output on the demon board going into the " input" in the amp. Is this correct
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
No that is not correct. Simply output Sirius OPTICAL jack to the amp (if the amp has an optical input). That would be all. Or.....if you don't have optical on the amp (since I don't know which amp), then just run red and white RCA cables from EITHER the Sirius tuner, OR the Denon tuner controller, to the amp.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have the RS 232 that came with the tuner. I bought one cables to go
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Also BEFORE you said the Denon was saying "check your tuner". So is it still saying that????
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Let's start with the light on the tuner, and message on the Denon. What color is the light? Is it blinking or steady? Any message on the Denon currently?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is NO color on the Sirius tuner
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
No light on the tuner? Then it's defective. Here are the possible colors of the light: Steady Red: Initial power-on indication.Flashing Red: Indicates that the antenna is not connected to the Tuner.Steady Amber: Indicates that the antenna is connected to the Tuner, but no signalis being received.Steady Green: Indicates that the Tuner is functioning properly and receiving agood signal.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
So you have no light, or you have one of those?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see NO light. I connectrd the Sirius to the receiver I was using prior and it lit up!
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Then your tuner is bad. That light should always be lit. That's right out of the manual for the tuner. No light= no power. So not sure what to tell you here except that your tuner does not work and is not functional.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My integrated amp is a Demon is a PMA 2000R
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Or that cable you bought from Cables To Go is not good and causing a short in the tuner. Get the correct cable, and since you said the tuner was working on the other Denon, then it would be safe to say the tuner does work. Don't even worry about optical or RCA right now- they have nothing to do with the light and right now your unit is not lighting up which indicates a failure.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you mean my Demon tuner or sirius ? Could the option board be defective the I installed in the Demon tuner?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I bought a RS 232 that was $12.00. I saw some for $ 32. Could I have the wrong RS 232 cable?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Yes, since this isn't a standard RS232 cable, it has 4 different ends and a converter attached to it. You can't buy a cable that simply has the RS232 end- it NEEDS to be the SPECIFIC Sirius cable for this tuner. It is shown in the manual for the tuner on page 7: http://www.siriusretail.com/pdf/manuals/SCH1P2_Installation_Guide.pdf I would suggest contacting Sirius directly for this cable since it will not work without it. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Sirius customer service: 1(###) ###-####for the cable.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sirius no longer stocks the cable. I have no idea where to find one!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can u help me locate the cable please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I am having a challenge finding the cable that you recommended. Do you have any suggestions on where I should try to look for this cable? Siriius doesn't make this cable anymore.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry but I have no intimate sources for the cable. I can find whatever you can find if you Google that model tuner and RS232. If Sirius does not have the cable then it is not made anymore and sources would be on the used market- which I am not privy to. I would suggest periodically scouring Ebay,
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, good morning. If you need further help you reach me here as well. I will see where the best source for the cable is and get back with you today. Also please let me knwo the best time to call And i will explain this all to you if you still need us?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I need help locating the cable! I have over $500 invested and I cannot get Sirius radio. Also I have been charged $26 when I should have been charged $18. Would you adjust that please. And thanks for all your help !
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi , I will let customer service know about that issue, they are very good and they will correct that Im sure. i will see where you can get the cable and be back with you later on today.Thanks for your patience.Twch Michael