Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

One of my DirecTV receivers died so I got a replacement (H24-700).

Customer Question

One of my DirecTV receivers died so I got a replacement (H24-700). Each time I turned off my TV, the receiver needed to be rebooted. I asked DirecTV to send a replacement. The replacement behaves the same which leads me to conclude there is an incompatibility between this type of receiver and Control4/leaf. what say you?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If the new replacement boxes are no responding to your Control 4 then it indicates that the code is different on this receiver than your last one. In order to correct that you would need to have an authorized C4 technician come to your house to program the remote for the new box. Since C4 software is proprietary and only authorized dealers can access it, there is nothing you can do on a user level with the exception of contacting DirecTv and see if they have the exact same model receiver that you originally had. Unless you're saying the new box is the same as the original?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You misread my question. Remote works fine - problem is the receiver needs to be rebooted every time I try to access that receiver. Never mind - I'll just leave it to my C4 dealer.