Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Good Morning, I have a Panasonic TH60AS800A only 14mths old.

Customer Question

Good Morning, I have a Panasonic TH60AS800A only 14mths old. This was a replacement set due to the previous Panasonic only lasting 2 years. Problem is remote not responding. Use power switch on set,green light flashes quickly for a few seconds,brief picture then blank & red light slowly flashes. Regards Garry
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Home Theater Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand that blink light indicates a fault in the TV. Can you please count the number of blinks between pauses (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, etc.) and let me know what the TV is doing specifically?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure if you're still with me here, but if so- the light can unfortunately be a premature failure in this set (which I realize is bad news). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No different. Still green flashes quickly,set fires up for 1 second then off & red flashes continual but slow.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. and sorry to hear that. Is there any pattern you can discern from the red light- as in groups of blinks (for example: 7, 7, 7....) or is it continuous?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have phoned Panasonic for assistance. Thanks the same.