Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.

I have a Bose Sound dock series ll which is several years old.

Customer Question

I have a Bose Sound dock series ll which is several years old. It now sounds like one or more speakers are blown. Can it be repaired or would it be better to get a new unit?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem ,please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
How do you figure you may have blown speakers ?Did you listen closely to each side ?Does it sound like rattling or distorted in there ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
I can tell you that if indeed the problem is internal to the sounddock then it won`t be cheap.Only bose has parts and manuals for those and won`t share any of that .This means that you have to go to one of their ASC and you can find that at the link below;
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
You could check their rates but considering the age of the unit , it may be a good idea to invest your money in a newer systemLet me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you