Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Denon AV-590 receiver and a 5 speaker surround sound

Customer Question

I have a Denon AV-590 receiver and a 5 speaker surround sound system. It was originally installed by a pro as I am not technically savvy. We recently had to change our cable box/DVR and now I cannot get sound through the speaker system. I need to use the sound through the TV. I can't seem to figure out the problem. When I turn on the tuner, I get sound through the speakers but none when I use the TV or my Amazon Firestick. Thanks
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Home Theater Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Home Theater Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me exactly how everything is connected currently?