Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

My CD player is ejecting discs as not playable, when the player

Customer Question

My CD player is ejecting discs as not playable, when the player has played the same disc previously. I unplugged the system for 60 seconds as suggested and it still didn't work. I vacuumed all of the vents, then unplugged it for 60 seconds, still didn't work. This is the first time I have had this problem, what can I do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Does it play other discs ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I have tried three different discs that I have played before. Also, when it first happened, I was listening to a disc and it just stopped playing, so I ejected it and put it in again, that's when it started just ejecting discs after reading them and came up on the screen as unplayable.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k then if it doesn`t read anything all of sudden then you have either a debris that landed of the laser lens or you laser/optical block failed .Can you give me the model number of this unit ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Another culprit could also be the spindle motor by the way , if its RPM is not up to par it will cause this as well
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I cannot find a model number on the device, I've had this device for about 10 years.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Are talking about a dvd player , compact sound system , etc.What type of unit , what brand name on it ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a Bose CD and clock radio player that I have had for about 10 years, never had any problems before.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Without a model number I could not be specific but if you can remove the top then look for something that look like this picture .click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The picture is behind that . https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv16rj8iav9rfya/2015-11-20_1529.png?dl=0If you can use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to try and clean it then it might do
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Just got your last reply and if its about 10 years old then it must be the bose wave 2 .There is only one independent business beside bose that service those and I can give you the link if you need it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good news, I turned it over and got the model # ***** Wave Music System
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
This guy has flat rates for this and other models ; http://www.myboserepair.com/This is bose ; https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/factory_authorized_service.html With that model number you can get your unit fixed at any of those two .Bose does not give info ,manual or parts to anyone but their authorized service center so if the cleaning of the lens doesn`t do it then its either of those two for a repair , sorry but that's how the bose company works for service .Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jack, Do You no if they will credit me the 36.00 dollars they have charged me, since my situation is not resolved, even though you do a good job trying to help me?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .Please use this link or phone number for these questions;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
no problem