Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a klipsch sub woofer 12in. plug it in to house outlet

Customer Question

i have a klipsch sub woofer 12in. plug it in to house outlet and rca cables to reciever to sub woofer all I get is, the digital Ill say display panel on the top of the sub cab will flash once only when I turn the on off rocker switch on the back
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your receiver?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model of receiver witches TV d-55 u vizio
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get my receiver number which is the TV correct number once again d-55 u vizio
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We can text back and forth to resolve this I hope
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.
Hi, stepped out for a bit, I'm working on this now. The model you gave me was your TV, do you have an AV receiver for other speakers? That's what I need the model number from.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a visio sound bar that plugs in the back of the tv that's it sound bar has 100 watts
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.
Ok, and where did you plug your subwoofer into?
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.
If you can give me a model number of your soundbar, that will be helpful too.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sub woofer pluged into 110 house out let soundbar I threw the box out its new a visio 38 inch bar with 100 watts
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.
There are tons of those... On the back of the soundbar, near the connectors or power cable, there will be a sticker with the model number.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sound bar BTM 2578 or 257B sorry IM not good on computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WTF
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NOT HAPPY
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YOU ANSWERED NOTHING!
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Hi Alex and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the:• klipsch sub woofer 12in;• receiver;• Vizio soundbar.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its late at nigh I will continue sat. 4-2-2016 thankyou
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Yes please; then or when able.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
good morning klipsch sub woofer RW12D receiver is a VIZIO D55U SOUNDBAR is a VIZIO BTM2578
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
does this sub woofer have its own built in power amp?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Appreciate the additional information.And yes; the Klipsch RW-12d has a built-in 350W amplifier.But for some reason, the "...BTM2578..." is reported back as a non-valid Vizio Soundbar model. Please re-check.Still, most soundbars would have a pair of R & L / red & white RCA input jacks. Consider below proposed connection method as it would be the simplest to implement:• connect 2 RCA splitters to the L & R AUDIO OUT jacks of the Vizio D55u-D1 similar to the product shown HERE;• connect 2 pairs of RCA-to-RCA cables to the now 4 RCA jacks;• connect 1 pair of RCA-to-RCA cable to the LINE IN R & L jacks of the Klipsch RW-12d at the rear;• connect the other RCA-to-RCA pair to the R & L input jacks of the Vizio soundbar.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The print is so small also looks like BTM257B should sub be wired off the bar? I have it separate off the receiver
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Even "...BTM257B..." is not recognized; sorry. Most Vizio soundbar models starts with an "S" something like an SB3851 or an S4251w.Perhaps better yet, post back with a picture of the rear of the soundbar particularly where the red & white RCA jacks are located. Click HERE.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sound bar SB8380 after the # ***** is a -C6
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
receiver to sound bar I is connected with a optical cable I connected the sub woofer with a RCA cable to receiver. that's what I have if no good I'll have to buy more RCA cables. The optical came with receiver and said it was best. Will thy work together?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Still, product not found on the "...SB8380-C6..."Yes the optical connection would work (best) normally.And the RCA connection to the Klipsch RW-12d would also work simultaneously.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry just found quick start guide sound bar model SB3820-C6
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
From the TV to the Vizio SB3820-C6, yes the optical cable connection would be the best connection method in most instances.From the TV to the Klipsch RW-12d, as proposed above; i.e. a pair of RCA-to-RCA cables.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sound bar has only one female RCA hole not L&R SUB has L&R red & white ok I will remove the optical cable
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is this subwoofer going to work with what I have?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Inside the Klipsch RW-12d, the LINE IN R & L are mixed together hence a SINGLE connection from the soundbar's SUB OUT to the the Klipsch RW-12d's LINE IN L jack would/should work.A pair of RCA-to-RCA cable from the TV's AUDIO OUT L & R jacks to the soundbar's L & R AUX (1) jacks would also be needed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I need to go to store? Do they sell a RCA cable that is a single RCA then split to two L&R?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Yes; please click HERE. Something like this product but longer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK the optical cable should that be change to make this work?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
No; the optical cable is not needed IF a pair of RCA-to-RCA cable from the TV's AUDIO OUT L & R jacks is connected to the soundbar's L & R AUX (1) jacks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
on top of sub woofer there is a digital control panel when powered up should it lite up? it flashes once when turned on then once turning off
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
This is as its name implies, a control panel where the subwoofer's volume among others can be adjusted to your preference.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK but once the subwoofer has power put to it should that panel stayed lite?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
To my understanding, yes with a blue background light BUT depending on the settings.Have you at least tried if it works?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm asking because there is no indication lite to let me know if its powered up the rocker switch in the back just on off that panel flashes once when turned on then once when turned in the off position?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going out to purchase some RCA cords shortly I will be on line later with you if that's OK thank you Louie
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
IM trying to do that by hooking it up.It was given to me looks fairly new, its all new to me I'm a construction worker! hope its good!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if it has issues is it worth fixing?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Yes please; an update when everything is hooked up.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Louie, Lost power and internet sunday 4-3-16 I live just 20 miles south of Boston Ma. we had very wet snow causing down trees and power lines. I ordered a 12ft. cable its supose to show up 4-13-16. Once I recieve it I will contact you if ok thanks Alex
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Snowing right NOW
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
No prob Alex; 13th+ or when able.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello Louie, Alex here, if the cable does not work do you know a good place I could bring it to have it fixed?
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Hi again Alex, Should repairs be needed, an authorized service center would be to your advantage: • product familiarity;• replacement parts inventory;• test jigs and proprietary repair information;• standardized repair fees. Please inquire / call 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-***-***-****).
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thankyou! I will be in touch!
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.
Cheers.