Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Have Kenwood Excelon KVT 8180 DVD - Periodically a message

Customer Question

Have Kenwood Excelon KVT 8180 DVD - Periodically a message pops on the screen saying "Disconnected Cable Found" Please confirm a Connection Line - radio is useless wont work nor the internal GPS won't work and then sometimes when I am driving down the road the unit just starts operating properly again - it goes on and off - mostly off
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Kenwood.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Kenwood KVT 8180 DVD ( Excelon Series In Dash Radio) with built in GPS, Satellite Radio and CD ChangerHave Kenwood Excelon KVT 8180 DVD - Periodically a message pops on the screen saying "Disconnected Cable Found" "Please confirm a Connection Line" - radio is useless wont work nor the internal GPS won't work and then sometimes when I am driving down the road the unit just starts operating properly again - it goes on and off - mostly off All cables from the radio are plugged tightly into where they are suppose to go, this was verified by the installer that originally installed this radio in my SUV. He stated this radio has had consumer reporting the same issue about the Disconnected Cable Found, he was trying to get me to replace the radio with a different brand radio which is something I do not want to do!
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Appreciate the post back.

Though for some reason, my Kenwood library does not seem to have a "...KVT 8180 DVD..." listed nor is a Service Manual available.

Let me re-open the question by opting out in the hope of an alternate approach from another member of the site.

Still, good luck with the Kenwood.