Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Bose 4 disc changer is acting up. The #4 disc slot is lit

Customer Question

My Bose 4 disc changer is acting up. The #4 disc slot is lit up like it has a disc in it, but I get disc error on the display screen. The machine will not respond to the commands I ask of it, either. I asked it to eject and it won't eject, I had to force the other 3 to come out, but the #4 slot doesn't feel like there is a disc in it, but it is lit green like there is one in it.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem with a stuck disc in the #4 slot of the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release. Then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Try those steps up to three times if the first do not allow the disc to eject.
If this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.