Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.

I have a Bose LSPS speaker sustem bass module and man Bose

Customer Question

i have a Bose LSPS speaker sustem bass module and man Bose small speakers and would like to drive it with an iPod. I'm looking for diagrams of where the ethernet lines go to to see if its possible.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The head unit hard drive crashed and it was a pain to use. I threw it away and just have the accumass bass module. I have and ethernet cable and am trying to get it to feed the speakers and make bass sounds.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: Not much I'm getting afraid something else has to be sent to the bass module to get it to work.
JA: Our top Home Theater Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Home Theater Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Home Theater Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Are you saying you want to be able to port your iPhone's audio music etc to the bose speaker etc?

Also is the speaker you have wifi already?

Please explain so I can help.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The system was an lifestyle 38 or 48 and the DVD player hard drive crashed and i decided to trash the head unit and keep the Bass module which seemed to have the amplifier for the system. and ethernet systyle cable connected the bass module to the system and all speakers were driven off of it. I ASSUmed the amplifier for the system was in the bass module. I am trying to locate which wires in the ethernet connector carry the signal for each of the speakers. I don't know if one or the 8 wires turns on the module or what each wire does to the module to make it work. I'm and engineer and can read diagrams and see how the module is designed. If i could just get that i would be happy.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
trying to send you a picture of the label /Users/raymondhartz/Documents/Bose.pdf/Users/raymondhartz/Documents/Bose.pdf
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The manual causes it an Acousticmass module. The speaker connectors are all blue. Later it has different colors for each connector.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to use the unit as a speaker system with amplifier for a variety of things like an iPod or iPad or maybe my keyboard / In thinking about it some of the wires should control the volume of the unit or the volume control could come with each pair of wires. The only way to be sure is to have a system diagram. The unit is self powered and the wires in the cat 5 connector are too small to cary much amperage.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thanks for clearing all that up;-)

I build intelligent robots as my hobby and have worked as a troubleshooter for audio systems for a very long time lol.

So basically you woudl like the schematics for the output of the iphone and the Bose LSPS speaker system?

I should be able to find that for you but this will take me some time as they respond slowly :-(

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day and in the meantime since I know a bit about this system I may be able also to answer some of your basic questions.!

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Hi this is Tech Mike, I sent you the offer you requested for the phone call;-)

Please accept and I can call you.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
does the call come in as unknown?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please stop on this effort. I found a pinout on the head unit and I cannot duplicate it and make the unit work. I can sell it on eBay and make enough to get what I want. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Ok sounds great. Please rate my service kindly and I will close this question and refer it to CS for refund processing.

Thank you

Tech Michael