Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

What music systems are compatible with the Bose B2 module? I

Customer Question

what music systems are compatible with the Bose B2 module? I purchased it to connect to my wave 2 system but the connections are not compatible. are there adapters that I can purchase to connect it to the wave 2?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The Bose B2 is specifically designed to be used with the Bose L1 and L2 PROFESSIONAL PA systems, as it's designed for live sound reinforcement, not for use with Bose consumer gear (home audio/theater). The B2 uses a 4 pin "Speakon" cable, which is the industry standard for Pro Sound equipment.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The B2 does not have an amplifier built in, so there would be no way to connect it to the Wave music system unless you purchase a professional amplifier- which is on average $300 and up for a compatible unit.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Additionally, your Wave 2 has no audio output to connect to external speakers, or systems, it only has the Headphone jack, which will MUTE the built in speakers. So your Wave 2 is not built to be compatible with connecting to ANY external speaker or subwoofer, which is bad news.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

You could use the B2 subwoofer with ANOTHER BRAND of audio equipment, or with a Bose L1 or L2 PA system, but unfortunately with your Wave 2, there will be no way to connect it.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?