Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I now have multiple active wireless subwoofers and I would

Customer Question

I now have multiple active wireless subwoofers and I would like to know how to pair these all to one unit. unit is sc-htb770 and subwoofers are all Panasonic active wireless subwoofers although a couple are from the htb550.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Thomas.

Unfortunately, this is simply not possible.

The main unit is not designed for that type of functionality, it will pair with only a single sub at a time. It is not broadcasting just a simple radio frequency output that multiple subs can pick up, it actually has a signal "handshake" with the sub and communicates only with it.

To have a system with multiple subs would require a full scale surround system with a dedicated a/v receiver and you could then run multiple (corded) subwoofers. I can make some equipment recommendations ,if you'd like.

Best regard, and apologies for the news,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Thomas?