Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

No picture on tv but get sound when hooking up yamaha rxv665

Customer Question

no picture on tv but get sound when hooking up yamaha rxv665 to tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: hdmi cable from cable box to hdmi1 input on yamaha
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: hdmi cable from hdmi out to tv. get sound but no picture. tv technician remotely evaluated tv and says it is a yamaha setting
JA: Our top Home Theater Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Home Theater Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Home Theater Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to solve this I need to ask you a few questions.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) How long of an HDMI cable are you using from the Yamaha to the TV?

3) What sources are connected to the Yamaha using WHAT type of cabling (for example: Cable Box connected to HDMI SAT/CBL port on Yamaha, etc.)?