Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Yamaha receiver RX-V663. Can I add something to it so I can

Customer Question

Yamaha receiver RX-V663. Can I add something to it so I can use blue tooth speakers without wires?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Are you looking to add BlueToth speakers IN ADDITION to wired speakers on the receiver please?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The answer to the above info request determines how you would do this, but in short- Yes you can add BlueTooth speakers (one pair) by utilizing the Headphone out on the Yamaha connected to a BlueTooth audio transmitter. Let me know if you need specifics/details/more info etc.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The unit below plugs into the Headphone jack of the Yamaha (using an 1/8" to 1/4" stereo adapter), and can allow the audio from the receiver to "pair" to BlueTooth speakers. The only issue is that is MUTES the Yamaha's hard-wired speaker outputs and only allows ONE PAIR (stereo left and right) of speakers to be connected:

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.