Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Solo TV Sound System BLK 120V US purchased in

Customer Question

We have a Solo TV Sound System BLK 120V US purchased in March of 2013. About 3 months ago we had trouble with it not working but if we pulled out the electrical plug it would usually work again after several hours or days. Now we get no green light. We have tried different outlets, changed batteries and nothing works.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

As the first step, can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual unit, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Solo, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get back to you because we need help to do this. I will have someone here later in the day. Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm a different expert here. Since the Bose Solo does not have a power button on the unit itself those steps will not work. If there's no green light on the unit, this indicates a hardware failure in the Bose occurring which ultimately requires service via Bose (as they're the only ones that repair their equipment).

Per Bose, you will want to unplug the system for no less than 60 minutes, then plug it back in. That is the only user level fix for this. If that does not work then the system requires service. In that case, please reply back with how long you've owned the Bose for and we can proceed.