Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

What speaker pair would best match a Pioneer VSX-524-k 700

Customer Question

What speaker pair would best match a Pioneer VSX-524-k 700 watt 5.1 channel 4k ultra receiver. I will just have 2 to begin with.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bob.

When talking about speakers, "best" is very subjective, and depends highly on your room layout, content to be listened too, and just personal preference.

What really matters here is that your receiver will output at most 80 watts per channel.

If you don't have a full surround setup and want to do stereo speakers to start, you'll do best with a pair of good floorstanding speakers. Here is a set I'd recommend: http://amzn.to/1R2fXDe

this is actually a pioneer speaker as well and would match well with your system.

You would benefit greatly from adding an active subwoofer to the mix as well: http://amzn.to/1TYKVfv

Best regards,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Nathan,but can't have floor speakers, was looking more of a bookshelf speaker. Any thoughts....room is 15'x11'.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The receiver and speakers will be at the wall on the long (15') side.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ARE YOU THERE?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Bob, sorry I missed you earlier.

A bookshelf speaker will be a bit small/under powered for a room that size, but there certainly are some options,

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

I'd actually still point you to the same item I did previously (the first link sent), which is a listing for several models, there is both a floor and shelf speaker there, just go with the shelf one which has comparable specs. If using smaller speakers though the subwoofer then becomes even more important, and I'd also suggest you even consider adding the center channel speaker at the same time, even if you can't do the rear/surround ones just yet.