Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Re: NAD 7400: At gher volume output cuts out and red

Customer Question

Re: NAD 7400: At higher volume output cuts out and red protection light comes on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is the NAD Monitor Series 7400 Receiver.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: Only that this happened suddenly and that there is no distortion at low volume.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Is there distortion when it cuts out? Disconnect the speakers, and turn up the volume. Does it still shut off? If not, tell me the model number of your speakers.