Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It looks like I blew the HDMI output on my Denon S900W 7.2

Customer Question

It looks like I blew the HDMI output on my Denon S900W 7.2 channel A/V receiver.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Besides bypassing the AVR, a few things you can do:

-replace the hdmi cable that goes from the AVR to the Tv

-try a different port on the tv

-unplug the AVR power cord for 3 full minutes

-perform factory reset on the AVR as described in the unit's manual

If those things do not help, then yes the hdmi port is dead and the unit will need parts and service.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,