Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My friend has a Russound ah4d system connected to 4 rooms.

Customer Question

Each room has its own A-KP2 and each lights up, so it appears they are getting proper power.
All wiring looks correct (I am a former electrician but _not_ a sound guy).
1 room works fine. However the other 3 rooms just get a low, fairly quiet hum.
Any suggestions?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound guy more than an electrical guy, let me share my experience and we can figure out the problem. These aren't always easy.

The thing to remember is that each amp needs power, which it sounds like is true. They also need a signal input. The signal goes into the AH4D and splits to send an audio feed to each zone. You'll need to check continuity from the wall plate to each amplifier input.

You can test the circuits by plugging the RCA jacks into the port that sends to the room that does work. This will tell us if we have continuity to each room, and if the AH4D is the problem. Since they have a low hum, that is an indicator that either the AH4D has gone bad, or that the cables are not connected to the AH4D.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have not had a chance to get back to this - as soon as I do I will update the conversation. Will be this week.
Bill
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good Bill. There are enough tools in my last response to find out what is working and what is not. Initially it sounds like the wall panel, but we'll need to test each lead to make sure.