Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have my new VSX-530 -k hooked up to speakers and I have no

Customer Question

I have my new VSX-530 -k hooked up to speakers and I have no audio out put?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Offhand, please try a different source on the Pioneer (such as the built in FM tuner) and let me know if there is still no sound.

This way we can determine if the receiver itself, or the "Source" (cable/SAT box, DVD, TV, HDMI cable, etc.) is the root cause of the problem.

Also try unplugging the receiver from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, then checking the other sources.

Let me know what you find and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are just using the fm receiver by itself with no other input sources. It was working for about 2 minutes and quit.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Please remove the AC plug from the wall for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Turn on the receiver and then chec for sound on several stations. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If that does not work, then unplug the receiver from power, and check the speaker wire connections. Make sure no bare strands of wire are touching adjacent wires, or the back chassis of the receiver itself (the metal).

Once that's done, check for sound and the next step would be to proceed with a "Resetting the Main Unit" as outlined on page 35 of the Pioneer's Manual below:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-530-K_OperatingInstructions060115.pdf

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will the cables next.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, not sure what you've done thus far. Did you do the Reset in the instructions on page 35?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, that doesn't look good offhand since that reset puts the Pioneer back to factory defaults. That said, it's looking like you have a premature fault in the Pioneer, and I would suggest returning it for an exchange. It's not common, but something we do see from time to time.

The steps I posted above are the only things you can try on a user level, so if the issue goes beyond that, you're looking at a hardware failure.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Also, of course, check the antenna, as the receiver will MUTE when the antenna becomes disconnected. Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We will after lunch
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay sounds good.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Did you need further assistance with this?