Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a rx-a750 and after trying to update the firmware,

Customer Question

I have a rx-a750 and after trying to update the firmware, the usb and internet are not working anymore
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have try to update the firmware but it fail I have try to update whit a usb but its not working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me HOW you were attempting the update?

Are you getting any error message?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was tring using network connection but it fail
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i use a usb stick but it dont seem to see the usb stick anymore
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I realy tink that the firmware have been corrupted because all the option using driver like: internet, bluethoot, usb etc... are not working anymore
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when i go in information i cant see the firmware version anymore
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anyway i can bypass that?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i already try to reset the receiver to default :) Not working...
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information. Please reply just once though and give me an opportunity to respond - multiple replies get lost in the queue and delay the process.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, in most cases of a failed update, the firmware is corrupted which actually causes hardware damage to the memory chips inside and typically cannot be fixed.

Unplug power to the receiver for an hour, then attempt the factory reset again (init all, from the advanced menu).

From there, attempt the firmware recovery via usb again.

If still no change, that would confirm hardware damage, and the unit would have to go in for factory service to be recovered. They will attempt to reflash the system, but usually end up having to replace the main board in the receiver. Even though this is a 2015 model and should still be under the factory warranty, if they determine the issue to be caused by a failed update that was not their fault (not a corrupted file, but rather a power or network interruption on your end) they will not cover it, and repairs will not be feasible, as that new board will cost you about $550 to replace, which would be better spent on a new receiver with a fresh warranty at that point.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need more help with this?