Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

How do I turn off my television speakers; and only have

Customer Question

How do I turn off my television speakers; and only have sound from the Bose soundbar. Then be able to raise/lower sound with my Dish remote. A neighbor used my TV and changed my controls...now I'm all messed up! Please help!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Richard.

You should have an option within the tvs own setup menu (using the tv remote) where the speakers can be turned off, or set to external.

As for the bose, as long as the connections haven't changed and it is on the proper input mode, you should be able to control it with the dish remote (if properly programmed), by pressing the AUX button on the dish remote, then volume.

You can go into the dish setup menu under remote and program the bose there as the audio device, and set the audio mode to AUX in the menu, meaning that pressing menu on the dish remote will control the bose volume instead of the tv volume.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.