Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Bose DVDs has sound - no picture

Customer Question

Bose DVDs has sound - no picture
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me which model Bose you're referring to here? (for example: Lifestyle, Wave, 3-2-1- system, etc.)?

Also, was it working before and then stopped?

How is it connected to the TV- using an HDMI cable, or component cables, etc.?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it is the wave 3 2 1
Yes it was working couple of hours ago
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think HDMI cable
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Can you be more specific- you think HDMI cable? It's important.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I know
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

The port the cable plugs into on the back of the Bose will be labeled. It will say directly next to where it plugs in what the connection is.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's labeled
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Bose lifestyle
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, these cables can go bad without warning, and also the TV's Input may have been changed. What exactly do you see on your TV screen?

Also do you know how to change the TV's Input? Are you on the correct one for sure?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Blue
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, it's likely your HDMI cable went bad. These cables are digital and can go bad without warning. However first, shut the TV and Bose off, then unplug the Bose from power. Disconnect and reconnect that cable on both ends- making sure it's secure. Then plug the Bose back in and turn the TV on. Turn the Bose on and let me know what shows on the TV screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dvd was working fine, I unplugged to clean, now is when I'm having the problems
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Then you need to try those steps I posted above since there's not a reset button to fix this. Make sure the TV is on the correct Input, unplug it and make sure the cable is tight- I am not there to see where you plugged things back in, there's not a "push button xyz" solution to this. It's an Input or cable related problem.