Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a fairly large collection of DVD's a fair few of them

Customer Question

I have a fairly large collection of DVD's a fair few of them are Region 1, and I would like to know if there is a hack for Yahama BDS677
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was disappointed to see that according to the websites there is no hack for this machine, perhaps you can supply me with a solution.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Home Theater Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Perhaps they can help me?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: My DVD player is connecti
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you attempt the following please (as its dependent on which firmware they installed)

Open the tray
Press 9,9,9,9,0
Press Enter
Tell me if it then plays the Region 1 disks please