Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My pioneer cld99 laser disc player once the laser disc goes

Customer Question

My pioneer cld99 laser disc player once the laser disc goes into the player I get an error code U1 and it won't play.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This type of problem is most often caused by internal contamination. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a faulty brake/pad assembly, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I also wanted to add, you might want to try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner)

It isn't meant for this type of player, but run it both normally and upside down, as it may be able to sufficiently clean the clamps on either side of the disc.