Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have a marantz SR 6006. It was working quite well with my

Customer Question

hi i have a marantz SR 6006. It was working quite well with my Sony LED TV until yesterday. Now it is not transmitting any video signal but audio is going through. I cant even check as there is nothing coming on the screen. Have tried resetting the microprocessor but in vain. What should I do pl? Thanks Manish
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry you're having trouble, did you try the second HDMI output? Does anything come up on the screen from any source?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i tried both but nothing happens...screen is blank
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have also done a factory rest of the processor but the problem is that there is no display to the screen
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hmm, well if you're not seeing anything, that is an indicator of a failed HDMI output board. Your options are to connect your devices to your TV and use the optical audio output to Marantz, which carries 7.1 surround, or you can have the output board replaced, if parts are still available. Since that receiver is discontinued, parts will be limited to spare parts, and may be harder to find than is worth.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there anyway to confirm this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
as i am getting the sound through, only video is not coming
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Yes, the sound comes from the input HDMI board, and splits the signal to video processing and audio processing. Since it's passing audio, the input board is working. Since you cannot see the menu, that means that the video is not outputting. The audio and video are on separate circuits. Since you reset the microprocessor, that means that there's not a processor hung up, leaving your output HDMI board as the culprit.