Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

How do I clear or reset my sherwood rx 4105 receiver

Customer Question

how do I clear or reset my sherwood rx 4105 receiver for fm stations. I need to start again with a clean slate
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Susan.

The memory in the receiver does not have a reset function.

You can program over the existing ones with a new entry, but it won't be cleared by a reset button or quick unplug.

The settings are stored in a memory which is non volatile, meaning a brief power loss won't clear it, but there is no backup battery.

If you were to unplug power for several days (at least 3), that will be enough to clear the memory.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.