Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My Dennon AVR -3808 Keeps blowing t5al fuze. It powers up

Customer Question

My Dennon AVR -3808 Keeps blowing t5al fuze. It powers up but replace fuze and continually blows.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Amplifier powers up showing red light as in off mode. Turn on and it flashes green and turns off. I replace blown t5al 250 volt fuze plug amplifier in and imiadily blows fuze again
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi Phil and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, any board markings for the "...t5al fuze..."; something like an F403?

Please confirm; are you then considering a component level DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well i doubt it. All i know is the fuze continues to blow. I don't know anything about internals and what does what. I thought If its something simple yes I could
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You haven't really helped at all with my question.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any idea when you might answer me
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

As posted above; any board markings for the "...t5al fuze..."; something like an F403?

Knowing which fuse is blowing would then point to the potential / likely suspects:

• • if F403, then check bridge diode D417 and/or capacitor C411;
  • • if F401 and/or F402 then least likely the main transformer but possibly the load on the secondary side;
  • • if F501 and/or F502, then possibly bridge diode D501 and/or capacitors C504 & C505;
  • • if F503 and/or F504, then possibly bridge diode D504 and/or capacitors C518 & C519.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have supplied photos of fuze bord and it clearly shows what fuze it is. Don't worry i will get it repaired and rubbish yr website
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

As posted above; "... if...F402 then least likely the main transformer but possibly the load on the secondary side..."

Still, good luck with the "...Dennon AVR -3808..."