Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

My dad has toshiba vcr/dvd player hooked to front video

Customer Question

My dad has toshiba vcr/dvd player hooked to front video ports on a non-hd tv with the basic cable box run to vcr/dvd player. If the player is powered off then the cable worked. If the players is powered on the player worked. Now it doesnt work that wsy any more. My father is to old to figure out how to change inputs on tv menu. How do i get the player to work again like it used to? My brother says its some programming on the toshiba player via the remote but i cannot figure it out :( Thank you!!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. It's not as hard as some would think. Here's what to do:

1. Turn the player on.
  2. Tune the player to channel 3.
  3. On the TV, press the channel down button until you get to below channel 2. That usually activates the front AV input.

OR

Press the AV/button on the remote repeatedly until the AUX input is selected.

If you still have trouble, tell me the model number of the TV, and I'll give you laser-specific instructions on the TV.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do i tune the player to channel 3?
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Use the channel up or down buttons on your player's remote. Press the channel down button repeatedly until you get to channel 3.