Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon AVR-591. I have multiple devised plugged into

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Denon AVR-591. I have multiple devised plugged into the HDMI input ports (Sat, DVD player) and the HDMI goes to the Samsung TV.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Recently the TV has begun to act like the HDMI feeding it is "shorting out". Will work for a few minutes and then short out, come back for a few seconds, short out again, etc.... Sorry - fat fingers. I keep hitting return before I am finished typing....Sound over the speakers seems to go out with the shorting process. If I unplug the HDMI from the unit to the TV, the shorting process stops and the sound stays on without issues. Seems that there may be some kinf of issue with the board that has the HDMI ports on it ...??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

First, have you tried replacing the HDMI cable with a new one yet? HDMI is digital and can be finicky by nature- causing dropouts and general instability when the cables go bad.

Also, how long of an HDMI cable run is this?

Additionally, have you tried a full processor reset of the Denon as outlined in the manual?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The procedure to reset the processor is outlined on page 70 of the Denon's manual at he link below:

http://assets.denon.com/documentmaster/us/avr-591-om-e_008.pdf