Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I need help! I have the vex 1124 home theater system, I have

Customer Question

Good morning, I need help! I have the vex 1124 home theater system, I have sound coming out of one speaker on certain channels (it works fine with Xbox but other things only one speaker works. I have update the firmware and reset the system and no joy.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What speaker is the one speaker that works on "certain programs"?

Also, please elaborate "certain programs"- are you saying that some channels work with all speakers and others only output from one?

Additionally, what is the "Source" that you receive broadcasts from (Cable Box, SAT box, etc.), and how is it connected to the Pioneer (Optical, HDMI, RCA red and white, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I watch a movie from the Xbox, all the speakers seam to be working ( I have two larger speakers in the front, two smaller in the back and a sub woofer. When I listen to my iPod, direct tv or Pandora, all I get is sound from the front left speaker. I have tried to manually raise the input to those other speakers but no success.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply and that is bizarre. It seems the Input processing is not engaging all of the channels- which is a processor fault. When you say you "reset the system", do you mean you reset the main unit as outlined in the back of the Pioneer's manual (reset to defaults)?

Also, how long have you owned the Pioneer for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have reset it as per pioneers instructions. And what is weird is that even as one speaker is working, when I change channels, the level of sound changes dramatically
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but that's the only thing on a user level you can try. If the receiver's back to factory defaults- what else is there to change? So, you're mentioning "Channels", but you also said this occurs with Pandora (a native APP) and also with your Ipod, so the problem supersedes any settings or adjustments. The receiver's processor is faulty and this requires service to the receiver. That was why I was asking how old the receiver is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I thought thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and sorry for the bad news. If you'd like to contact Pioneer to have this repaired you can use the link below:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.LOCATOR_MAXIMIZE/v4-where-to-buy-nav-item/?javax.portlet.tpst=be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_viewID=ascview&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&vgnextoid=35233d3c95b3b210VgnVCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.