Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Sent: 1/17/2016 10:32 PM To:

Customer Question

Sent: 1/17/2016 10:32 PM
To:***@******.***
Subject: Kenwood E-Mail Confirmation: CUVBUBB-923C
question: I bought an 05 corvette with a kenwood dnx690hd installed. I had a few minor problems so I had the update performed. It updated the firmware and didn't even blind. It was easy. However, now the garmin gps won't even put a pic an image up so I can update the map. Help! I don't want to replace the unit, I just want the mapping software to update.
reply: The update for your Garmin software is included in the update for the unit's firmware. You may want to check your Garmin settings to make sure the map is selected. Go to Navigation and select settings on Where to Map/View Map screen, select Map & Vehicle, then Maps or My Maps and make sure that the box has a green check in it. If it does not check it off and this should address your issue.
Next question: When I go to Navigation I get a blank screen. In tiny, tiny letter I think it says something about image. I can't even read them through my bifocals. So I am unable access the setting menu.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Please check the version of firmware currently installed.

Press the [Setup] icon to display the Setup Menu screen
Press the [Software] to display the Software Information screen
Check the version.

It should be at least version 1.8, but your version might be later.

Also, please check the update that you downloaded and make sure it is the "navigational" update.