Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am trying to connect a Sony 5 CD Changer to my Yamaha AV

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a Sony 5 CD Changer to my Yamaha AV receiver. The CD player will play but no audio. It has worked before but hasn't been used for some time. Have forgotten what to put in channel. Any advise to solve problem?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check the settings on the Sony changer. If, somehow, it has more than one output, be sure it isn't switched to the other output port than the one you are using.

A CD player that plays but produces no audio is something of a contradiction in terms, so (unless you can confirm by e.g. an equalizer display showing the audio fluctuating) you need to check your cable(s) also! a broken cable would produce exactly the 'plays but no audio' effect that you report.

What is the output from your CD player? is it RCA plugs, and two cables (for stereo, L and R channels) ? or is it some other system?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If this was a free trial why was I
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If this was a free trial why was I charged 36.00 dollars$. Your answer is what I have already been dealing with . I just want to make sure that I am not a member and will not receive any more charges. Thank you

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.