Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have an AE-PT4000U projector when you go to power it up it

Customer Question

I have an AE-PT4000U projector when you go to power it up it starts to warm-up then the green power -up light blinks 3 times and ten seconds later the unit shuts down.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This indicates a possible overheat condition. It can be resolved by cleaning out the vents with compressed air. Remove the lamp and clean out the vents/ducts as thoroughly as possible, then when cool, plug it back in and try again. If you notice that the time before it shuts down has extended, then you've cleaned it, but not enough... it doesn't take much dust build up to cause this. Once you do this, I would suggest doing it once every month or two.