Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I am tech. challenged...I need help setting up my Pioneer

Customer Question

I am tech. challenged...I need help setting up my Pioneer vsx-830-k stereo. I can only get past the sound test...then, I am lost. Also, when I try to access Pandora, to set it up, the stereo says" complete registration" where can I get understandable instruction/
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julie and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the other devices connected to the Pioneer. Additionally, please describe how these devices are connected to the VSX-830-K using what kind of cable(s).

How many speakers are connected and is there a subwoofer too?

And do you already have an active account with Pandora?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am only trying to get internet radio. The only device hooked up to the receiver is a Sony c.d. player model #0506006316. The Pioneer is vsx-830-k. I have the pioneer hooked to my router and my computer hardwired to same router for initial stereo set-up. The instructions walk me through up to the "sound check" phase, then, it displays a page I cannot navigate. The stereo tells me " complete registration" I do have a Pandora account on my computer. This is all so much over my head ! There are 5 speakers...yes, a sub woofer too.The c.d. player is connected by rca cable jacks.