Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Edison professional dual cd player every time i put

Customer Question

I have a Edison professional dual cd player every time i put a cd i tell me no disk
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number of the Pro CD player?

Also how long have you owned it for, and when did the issue occur (after a period of non-use, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ed8800k I have it about 5 years the problem just started a month ago
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. So, it appears this unit has Disc 1 and Disc 2 drives. Do both drives no longer play discs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just pay $36.00 i have to pay $18.00 more
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician.

Also I'm not requesting a phone call- the site is advertising that option, but I do not use it. You can ignore it if you wish and simply reply back here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I get my money back this is not working out for me thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom on an Edison ED-8800K almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:

• • low or missing DCV to the servos/motors (least likely);
  • • interface/connecting cables including the pins of the DIN connectors (likely);
  • • weak or failing laser / optical pickups (most likely).

All of the above would require the use of a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron.