Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Need to set up multi zone audio on pioneer vsx 1130 k

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, What exactly have you done so far, and where are you getting stuck?

Also, do you have the manual for this receiver?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the manual. I am replacing a reciever I have set it up and cannot get the outside patio speakers set up on a seperate zone
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am suppose to set up the b speakers on a seperate zone but they are all playing
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, if you want the speakers on a separate Zone, you do not connect them to the "B" speaker outputs you instead need to connect them to the Zone 2 outputs on the back of the receiver.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

So right now you have the Patio speakers plugged into "Speaker B"?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It does not have zone 2
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hang tight, pulling this unit up now. If you're saying the receiver does not have Zone 2, then you cannot set up a separate zone with it. Let me see what I find on this.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Yes it does- it's called "HD Zone"- you need to plug the speakers in here. Remove the speaker wires from "B" and plug them into HD Zone.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

The B outputs will always playback what the A outputs play. The HD zone is the separate zone and then you select that zone and select the source to playback a different audio signal on the HD zone.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You then need to setup the HD zone as HD zone (instead of surround), and follow the instructions on pages 89,90 and 110 of the manual to setup and select this Zone to playback different audio input signals.

http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/itemintelligence/Pioneer/266277_en1445192023828.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Was there something else you needed help with on this one?