Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Antony ,usual problems with tachi ax - m137 .Are you still

Customer Question

Hi Antony ,usual problems with Hitachi ax - m137 .Are you still able to deal with DAB problem.
E- mail me *****@**********.**.** or mobile *********** Cheers Lewis
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

This is a very common problem on these units... very common. There is a design problem with the AX-M137. When using DAB radio, a component in the power supply overheats and eventually takes out the power supply rail that drives the radio and also mutes the amplifier. If you are looking to avoid it getting worse, then I would consider replacing the heat sync. The problem is generally heat related and it will eventually cause the power supply to shut down. You can upgrade some of the components to help further if you want to make a project of it.