Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I've just purchased a Denon DHT-S514 and the wireless

Customer Question

Hi, I've just purchased a Denon DHT-S514 and the wireless subwoofer won't pair. Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried below listed?

• • temporarily turn off any and all RF active devices including cellphones, tablets, laptops, WiFi, wireless phones and the likes;
  • • plug the soundbar and the subwoofer in the same outlet at least when attempting to pair;
  • • move the wireless subwoofer closer to the soundbar until the two has successfully paired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie.
Item 1 I haven't tried
Items 2&3 yes.
I've also tried to manually pair using the pairing port at the rear of the sound bar. I can get unit to pair temporarily but it disconnects after 2-3 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just realised, I switched off the house wireless, (modem), for 10 minutes at one point and it still wouldn't pair.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Steve,

Appreciate your patience and all the efforts.

...and it should not be this difficult. The soundbar and the subwoofer originally have been paired at the factory hence should work straight out of the box. That it does not and all these tries have been unsuccessful, then it may just be to your advantage to return the unit and require the seller a replacement.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, this is not what is expected of any electronic equipment that is "...just purchased..."; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.