Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I own Yamaha AV RX V1. My wife plugged a vacumn cleaner into

Customer Question

I own Yamaha AV RX V1. My wife plugged a vacumn cleaner into an electrical socket near the socket where my receiver is connected with a surge protected. The electrical power went off and was rebooted by flipping the switch on a downstairs circuit breaker. Afterwards the sound on the receiver would not return. Tried resetting by turning power off and on with no results. Finally able to use the program effect buttons to initiate screen , went to 10, got reserve field and the sound was temporarily restored. My problem is receiver is still not reset. Shows "no protection" and when I turn off power I am forced to go through same procedure again. How can I reset receiver?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi Paul and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...then plugging back in but using another outlet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

What prompted you to use the PROGRAM and EFFECT buttons?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Saw answer to question on the Internet.
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

I understand.

The above was to initiate the Yamaha's built-in Self-Diagnostic function. The objective is to determine which section/circuit has developed a fault. The "10" signifies an issue with the memory (PRESET). Proceeding past this point is a 2-bladed tool; it either resets the Yamaha or it renders the memory completely blank thus the unit would be inoperable.

Would you be comfortable proceeding?