Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I just discovered AVR 1912 has AirPlay capability. How do I

Customer Question

I just discovered AVR 1912 has AirPlay capability. How do I accomplish that
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

In order to use Airplay, you must first have the Denon connected to your Wi Fi network using an Ethernet cable plugged into your router and then run through the "Network Setup" steps outlined on page 88 of the manual below:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20111011092700/Manuals/033/033AV1912.PDF

Note: To use the AirPlay feature you need a Mac or Windows-based PC running iTunes (10.1 or later) connected to your wireless home network. Your iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen), iPhone (3GS/4/4S), and iPad must have iOS 4.2 or later installed and connected to the same wireless home network.

Then scroll to page 62 and follow the instructions for "Airplay" to set this up and use it.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This manual is very confusing, I know how Airplay works away from the Denon. I just don't know how to set up the Denon for network, the manual is very vague. I have ethernet cable plugged into receiver from router, then what? How do I access setup page on the tv, or remote? How do I know the IP address, etc...
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , i`m Jack , different tech. here

Perhaps i can help you with this but could you please send me a rely when you are ready to proceed ?