Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I'm trying to make my Klipsch R10- work with my Samsung

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm trying to make my Klipsch R10-b work with my Samsung JS9000's remote i haven't been successful
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i can get to the learning mode on the soundbar, but my remote doesn't learn anything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Theater-Stereo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ramit.

It sounds like you're doing this backwards.

The samsung remote doesn't learn anything. What you are doing is teaching the klipsh system to respond to the existing volume commands used by the samsung remote.

So when you press volume on the samsung, it would attempt to control the tv volume (which won't work, because you should have disabled the tv speakers) and then the klipsh will recognize that volume command and adjust up/down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's what I meant. I still can't use my Samsung remote to control the volume or mite on the sound bar. That's what I need help with!
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

So to do this, you press and hold the MUTE button on the soundbar itself for about 5 seconds

then press vol + on the soundbar, then press vol+ on the samsung remote, once

Repeat the process with the vol-, and then mute.

If this process doesn't work, then the samsung remote is not compatible (not all remotes are and it is common for some devices not to work together), in which case you'd need to use a different remote.