Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am having difficulty connecting my Vizio sound bar (model

Customer Question

I am having difficulty connecting my Vizio sound bar (model SB2920-C6). There are cords marked better and good and I am not sure what to connect. Is it possible to connect with only the digital optical cable? I have successfully connected via Bluetooth.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, We need the model number off of the back of your TV to give you correct instructions here. Please postback with that and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
VO370M
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** look now.

I also need to know what is connected to the TV that you receive broadcasts from, AND the type of cable connecting them to the TV (for example DirecTv box, via HDMI cable).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is Comcast Cable
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Example: A Comcast cable Box connected to the TV with an HDMI cable? That is the info we need.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

There's a half dozen ways Comcast can get to the set, and each one factors in to how the audio out on the TV needs to be hooked to the soundbar- it's all relative. Please provide those details.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, not with HDMI; it is connected by 5 RCA cables, two to audio and three to video, they are connected side by side but pug in separately.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay thank you. The optical jack on the TV cannot be used then as it only works with the TV's built in tuner when there is no cable box.

You must use the red and white audio out jacks on the TV labeled "Audio Out" and connect them to the red and white jacks labeled "Aux In" on the soundbar.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Then use the soundbar's remote Input button to select AUX.

Then go into the TV's MENU and under "Audio" select "Speakers" and shut them off.

Turn the TV's volume up and the soundbar's volume up and you will have sound from the soundbar.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It did not work, you left me before I responded.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please scroll up the page, read ALL replies and perform the steps I outlined for shutting the TV's speakers off and changing the Input on the soundbar. That is all you need to do. I did not leave. I am still here. What are you referring to?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you able to read the rest of the answer?

It's here:

"Use the soundbar's remote Input button to select AUX.
Turn the TV's volume up and the soundbar's volume up and you will have sound from the soundbar."

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no audio. The directions say that the bar is suppose to search for a sound. What should the digital audio out setting be - off; Dolby digital or Pcm?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

No digital audio settings- you're not using digital audio you're using RCA analog. You need to manually select "AUX" using the Soundbar's own remote. do you have that and have you done that?

Have you also shut off the TV's speakers and turned the volume UP on both the TV and the soundbar?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never mind; I got it. The SRS TSHD had to be on. The speakers did not have to be off. Thanks but you were little help. I expect the charge to be minimal.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Good luck, I'm opting out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I expect to have no more than a five dollar charge to my Pay Pal.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician- not a billing agent.