Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My SAPM19 stereo system seems to have lost some programming.

Customer Question

My SAPM19 stereo system seems to have lost some programming. It will not stay off, even when manually turned off. The mechanical functions seems ok, but it comes on spontaneously and runs the "Intro" program. Help!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you might have a problem with the on-off switch, perhaps. It might not be fully opening owing to defective contacts or a defective internal spring, resulting in its contacts coming together again, at any slight jarring or minute vibration.

It also might be subject to power surges and spikes and unusually sensitive to them. So try powering it through a surge protector. (If you have already done so, check the ground connection on your outlet(s), to make sure voltage is not riding on them, or to make sure that the ground on your outlets is still actually connected to ground.)